How best is the beauty of open water swimming captured? With a huge pack going around a turn buoy, how is this action relayed back to people onshore or in another location?
How can the head-to-head battle between two athletes be broadcast effectively and reasonably priced to family, friends and fans?
The new award is meant to identify products and services that (1) best support and assist open water swimmers achieve their goals, (2) are innovative, unique and beneficial to open water swimmers, race directors, coaches or administrators, and (3) have made the most positive impact on the world of open water swimming during the calendar year.
The nominations are meant to recognize some of the best and innovative commercial and free offerings that open water swimmers can enjoy.
Extreme swimmers, disabled swimmers, ice swimmers, marathon swimmers, professional swimmers, administrators, coaches, pilots, and swimmers from all walks of life have used, purchased and benefited from an increasingly number of products and services introduced over the few years.
The nomination of TakeItLive by the Lundie brothers reads,
"TakeItLive has solved the frustrating technological problem of bringing the beauty of open water swimming and the athleticism of its partipants to the world. Chris Lundie and his brother Nathan capture scintillating footage at ocean and lake swims, both from right on the water and via interviews onshore. Filming live from boats on the course, whether ocean, lake or river, the brotherly duo immediately stream it live for race directors and governing bodies throughout the United States to the delight of family, friends and fans. For their ability to work in dynamic, harsh, challenging conditions, for solving technical hurdles at an affordable price, and for their remarkable ability to bring the exploits of swimmers far from shore directly to the laptops and mobile devices with audio and promotions, TakeItLive is a worthy nominee for the 2012 WOWSA Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.."
The 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year
nominees are (listed in alphabetical order):
1. Big River Man by Martin Strel
2. Channel Swimmers’ Chat Group by Nick Adams
3. Cork Distance Week by Ned Denison
4. FINIS SwiMP3 X18 by John Mix
5. Foggle by Karen Smidt-Allard
6. In My Element by Theodore Yach
7. iSwimToo by Stephen Coulter
8. Marathon Swimmers Forum by Evan Morrison & Donal Buckley
9. Midmar Mile Facebook Integration by Wayne Riddin
10. Night Train Swimmers by Vito Bialla
11. Ocean Care Solutions by Ron Adley
12. Open Water Swimming Insurance by Travis England
13. Oceans Seven Project by Red Bull Media House
14. RC Helicam by Andrew Martens
15. SWIM Channel by Patrick Wrinkler
16. SwimIT by Rick Senn
17. SwimPhone by Club Assistant
18. SwimTrek by Simon Murie
19. TakeItLive by Chris Lundie
20. Toa o le Tai Program by Bruckner Chase
21. The Henley Swim by Tom Kean
Take It Live Productions offers reasonably priced live video and audio streaming and mobile streaming rig rental for the open water swimming market. Proven from New York to Hawaii, the Lundie brothers have successfully webcast open water swimming events, water polo tournaments, pool swimming competitions, and diving meets, including the USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championships and the Pan Pacific Swimming Championships.
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source