Swim in a faraway place, an exotic place, or a place you have never been. Swim with people who you have only read about or people who don't speak your native tongue. Swim with strangers who have as more common ties with you than you can ever imagine.
The new award is meant to identify products and services that (1) best support and assist open water swimmers achieve their goals, (2) are innovative, unique and beneficial to open water swimmers, race directors, coaches or administrators, and (3) have made the most positive impact on the world of open water swimming during the calendar year.
The nominations are meant to recognize some of the best and innovative commercial and free offerings that open water swimmers can enjoy.
Extreme swimmers, disabled swimmers, ice swimmers, marathon swimmers, professional swimmers, administrators, coaches, pilots, and swimmers from all walks of life have used, purchased and benefited from an increasingly number of products and services introduced over the few years.
The nomination of SwimTrek reads,
"SwimTrek is the leader in the lifestyle market of open water swimming vacations. Innovative, global and ever-growing, SwimTrek provides unique package tours that meet the needs of everyone from neophyte triathletes to hard-core English Channel aspirants. Staffed by personable, experienced guides, the SwimTrek tours range from short swims to distance swims everywhere from tropical oceans to temperate lakes. Safe, enjoyable and memorable, SwimTrek continues to refine its tours as the market develops more aquapreneurs offering more options. Its sense of community and its encouragement to those from every walk of life and ability in aqueous venues is what enables it to retain its leadership position. For its plethora of opportunities in wondrous bodies of water, for Simon Murie and his colleagues at SwimTrek who remain courteously hospitable and creative, SwimTrek is a worthy nominee for the 2012 WOWSA Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year."
The 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year
nominees are (listed in alphabetical order):
1. Big River Man by Martin Strel
2. Channel Swimmers’ Chat Group by Nick Adams
3. Cork Distance Week by Ned Denison
4. FINIS SwiMP3 X18 by John Mix
5. Foggle by Karen Smidt-Allard
6. In My Element by Theodore Yach
7. iSwimToo by Stephen Coulter
8. Marathon Swimmers Forum by Evan Morrison & Donal Buckley
9. Midmar Mile Facebook Integration by Wayne Riddin
10. Night Train Swimmers by Vito Bialla
11. Ocean Care Solutions by Ron Adley
12. Open Water Swimming Insurance by Travis England
13. Oceans Seven Project by Red Bull Media House
14. RC Helicam by Andrew Martens
15. SWIM Channel by Patrick Wrinkler
16. SwimIT by Rick Senn
17. SwimPhone by Club Assistant
18. SwimTrek by Simon Murie
19. TakeItLive by Chris Lundie
20. Toa o le Tai Program by Bruckner Chase
21. The Henley Swim by Tom Kean
SwimTrek is the world's leading swim holiday provider. It provides tours and holidays in Turkey, Egypt, Sardinia, Sicily, Baja Mexico, Croatia, Greece, Virgin Islands, Finland, Isles of Scilly, Scotland, Spain, Gozo, throughout the Caribbean Sea and was founded by visionary British aquapreneur Simon Murie.
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source