The new award is meant to identify products and services that (1) best support and assist open water swimmers achieve their goals, (2) are innovative, unique and beneficial to open water swimmers, race directors, coaches or administrators, and (3) have made the most positive impact on the world of open water swimming during the calendar year.
The nominations are meant to recognize some of the best and innovative commercial and free offerings that open water swimmers can enjoy.
Extreme swimmers, disabled swimmers, ice swimmers, marathon swimmers, professional swimmers, administrators, coaches, pilots, and swimmers from all walks of life have used, purchased and benefited from an increasingly number of products and services introduced over the few years.
The nomination of SwimPhone reads,
"Club Assistant has solved the excruciating problem of open water swimmers waiting impatiently for their results after a race. Club Assistant has created SwimPhone that delivers swimmer's official time, splits and place within their age group within seconds of finishing a race. The results are delivered via text directly to the swimmer's mobile phone before they are even dry and have taken a swig of their post-race hydration. No more waiting. No more looking for results posted somewhere. No more wondering if you placed in your age-group. For SwimPhone's ability to deliver timely results and resolve one of the major frustrations of the sport, and for its reasonably-priced solution for race directors, SwimPhone is a worthy nominee for the 2012 WOWSA Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.."
The 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year
nominees are (listed in alphabetical order):
1. Big River Man by Martin Strel
2. Channel Swimmers’ Chat Group by Nick Adams
3. Cork Distance Week by Ned Denison
4. FINIS SwiMP3 X18 by John Mix
5. Foggle by Karen Smidt-Allard
6. In My Element by Theodore Yach
7. iSwimToo by Stephen Coulter
8. Marathon Swimmers Forum by Evan Morrison & Donal Buckley
9. Midmar Mile Facebook Integration by Wayne Riddin
10. Night Train Swimmers by Vito Bialla
11. Ocean Care Solutions by Ron Adley
12. Open Water Swimming Insurance by Travis England
13. Oceans Seven Project by Red Bull Media House
14. RC Helicam by Andrew Martens
15. SWIM Channel by Patrick Wrinkler
16. SwimIT by Rick Senn
17. SwimPhone by Club Assistant
18. SwimTrek by Simon Murie
19. TakeItLive by Chris Lundie
20. Toa o le Tai Program by Bruckner Chase
21. The Henley Swim by Tom Kean
SwimPhone is an innovative application that handles all the data needs that arise during a swim meet or open water swim. It designed applications for both the compact screens of mobile phones as well as the larger screens of laptops, iPads and desktop computers. SwimPhone is a subsidiary of Club Assistant and is a supporter of swimming competitions sanctioned by USA Swimming, YMCA Swimming, the National Federation of High Schools, U.S. Masters Swimming and Masters Swimming Canada.
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source