Underwater shots and aerial views are rarely seen in open water swimming events, but they add fantastic perspectives of the sport for family, friends and fans. Unfortunately, aerial photography and video are particularly expensive and difficult to come by for open water swimming race directors. Until now.
RC Helicam resolves this issue in a convenient and reasonably priced offering. Used at the world's largest competitive swim, RC Helicam is among the nominees for the 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year .
The new award is meant to identify products and services that (1) best support and assist open water swimmers achieve their goals, (2) are innovative, unique and beneficial to open water swimmers, race directors, coaches or administrators, and (3) have made the most positive impact on the world of open water swimming during the calendar year.
The nominations are meant to recognize some of the best and innovative commercial and free offerings that open water swimmers can enjoy.
Extreme swimmers, disabled swimmers, ice swimmers, marathon swimmers, professional swimmers, administrators, coaches, pilots, and swimmers from all walks of life have used, purchased and benefited from an increasingly number of products and services introduced over the few years.
The nomination of the RC Helicam, developed by Andrew Martens, reads,
"The RC Helicam is truly a remarkable innovation for the global open water swimming community. For outstanding high-definition aerial footage of any open water swim, there is no more convenient, lower cost, technologically advanced means to showcase the sport and its participants from the air. An innovation by Andrew Martens, the remote-controlled helicopter system is portable, light, compact and has been proven at the world's largest swim, the Midmar Mile in South Africa. For bringing the sport closer to the media and general public, for its ability to showcase the sport with beautiful aerial footage that can be streamed online, the RC Helicam is selected as a nominee for the 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year."
The 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year
nominees are (listed in alphabetical order):
1. Big River Man by Martin Strel
2. Channel Swimmers’ Chat Group by Nick Adams
3. Cork Distance Week by Ned Denison
4. FINIS SwiMP3 X18 by John Mix
5. Foggle by Karen Smidt-Allard
6. In My Element by Theodore Yach
7. iSwimToo by Stephen Coulter
8. Marathon Swimmers Forum by Evan Morrison & Donal Buckley
9. Midmar Mile Facebook Integration by Wayne Riddin
10. Night Train Swimmers by Vito Bialla
11. Ocean Care Solutions by Ron Adley
12. Open Water Swimming Insurance by Travis England
13. Oceans Seven Project by Red Bull Media House
14. RC Helicam by Andrew Martens
15. SWIM Channel by Patrick Wrinkler
16. SwimIT by Rick Senn
17. SwimPhone by Club Assistant
18. SwimTrek by Simon Murie
19. TakeItLive by Chris Lundie
20. Toa o le Tai Program by Bruckner Chase
21. The Henley Swim by Tom Kean
RC Helicam is based in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa. Its specializes in Aerial 360 Photos and Aerial HD Action Video taken with remote controlled helicopters (Helicams). It offers the services of aerial photography and conventional 360 Virtual Tours. RC Helicam also provides ground-based virtual tours and provides Aerial 360 Photos.
Copyright © 2012 by Open Water Source